Davis designed additions in the Italianate style villa that featured a central tower, stucco walls, and symmetrical flanking dependencies.
Completed in 1846, it is considered the oldest standing example of Italianate architecture in the United States.
Built in 1774, it is the oldest surviving structure in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Rosedale was built in 1815 by Archibald Frew, a merchant, postmaster and tax collector.
In 1799, James Latta purchased Moses Hayes' 100 acres containing a log cabin.
In 1800, he built the Federal style home that is now known as Latta Plantation.
The extravagant 4600 square foot home once sat on 919 acres.
Keckly is notable for purchasing her freedom and moving to Washington D.
C., becoming the seamstress and personal confidante of First Lady, Mary Todd Lincoln.
The residence, boathouse and arched bridge are located inside Currituck Heritage Park, in the heart of Historic Corolla, NC, All three structures are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. In April 1865, the two commanders met at the Bennett Place, where they signed surrender papers for Southern armies in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida.
This simple farmhouse was situated between Confederate Gen. Johnston's headquarters in Greensboro, and Union Gen. It was the largest troop surrender of the American Civil War.